Saturday, March 28, 2009

Last day....

I'm in Auckland, after taking the night bus from Wellington. 8 pm to 7 am, woohoo! I only slept from about 3 am to 6 am, so I'm a wee bit tired. Also, there is NOTHING open that early in the morning on a Sunday, so I was wandering around for a bit just trying to find a place to have some coffee! I finally had to settle on Starbucks, which I hate going to, but it was the only place open. Luckily I was able to lock up my bags at the bus station, so it's not like I have to cart those around with me. There's several shuttles that run to the airport from downtown Auckland, so it's not hard to get form one to the other. I can't believe my time is up! Two months went by so fast. New Zealand has been great, what I've been able to see anyway, and I know I'll return sometime in the not too distant future. I feel like I only scraped the surface- and I spent the whole time on the South Island! Still so much to see and do. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed for a change though, and not have to share things like the kitchen and a bathroom. Ah the simple luxuries in life.

No comments: