Monday, March 9, 2009

WWOOF, take 2

Yesterday I arrived at Windsong Orchard, in Renwick, to try my hand at wwoofing again, after a week of pretty much just vegging out in Nelson (but camping!). Ok I guess we'll cover my lazy week in Nelson first. I didn't really do much, except walk into town and read. I did end up going to the Founders Brewery, but there weren't tours, but I did get to sample their organic beers, which were all really good. It's in a place called Founder's Park, not unlike Shelburne Museum, with old buildings, people dressed in period costumes, etc. It was cute, if aimed at a slightly younger audience. The new wwoofing farm is night and day above the other. First off the wwoofers have their own cottage (blueberry cottage, since it butts up to the blueberry field) and our own kitchen, bathroom, two bedrooms and a computer with internet. It's myself and a girl named Elizabeth, from New Jersey. We work from 8:30 to 12:30, have lunch together in Jennie and Bob's house, and then we have the rest of the day free. It really couldn't be more different, and better, than the last place. Tomorrow Elizabeth and I are going to go explore some of the vineyards, since we're absolutely smack dab in the heart of New Zealand wine country. Also, I posted all my pictures from Milford Sound, Franz Josef, etc on Flickr so it's updated again. As of now I've been too lazy to title them all (I uploaded around 250 so I just didn't have the energy) but I will try to get to them soon, so they make a little more sense. That's all that's new for now, but I'll try and be better about updating.

No comments: